I traded a lot of guitars around during 2008-10.
- Carvin HH2 - This is my only electric. It's headless, minimalistic, and plays fast. I customized a lot on it, and it fits me well.
- Ibanez AEG10 - A classical guitar with acoustic appointments. I love how easy it is to play, and that it has a cutaway and electronics/tuner.
Effects and Amps
Downsizing to a board this small has been a long journey and taken a lot of time and money (a fun process). The gear I currently use:
- Pedalpad AXS Mini - Small, durable, portable pedalboard.
- Custom Tones Ethos Overdrive Amp - An expensive, but amazing, pedal emulation of the famous Dumble amplifier. Not only forms my "base" tone but covers ALL my clean, overdrive, and distortion sounds. Has a 30W amp built into the pedal, so it's my amp too.
- MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe - I've always loved the Carbon Copy sound, it degrades in just the right way. It's dark and syrupy repeats make it my favorite delay of all time, and I've tried a lot. It can even double as a reverb or chorus pedal in a pinch.
- Strymon El Capistan - I switch this out with the CC when I feel like a change. Great tape delay with tons of features.
- Custom Pine 1x12 Cab - Light, open-back, pine cab I had built for $150 or so (when Carl, a local MA guy, was still building them). It's loaded with a Celestion Creamback Neo. The cab is incredibly light, but loud enough for gigs.
- Walrus Aetos - Nice power supply with an extra outlet for the Ethos.
- TC Polytune Mini - Tuning is good.
"Do you not know, my son, with what little understanding the world is ruled?" -Pope Julius III